Happy World Breastfeeding Week, nursing mamas!
This week is all about celebrating the amazing experience of breastfeeding. For many mothers, bras are an important part of this experience. Whether you're nursing a newborn or pumping breast milk for later use, here are some tips for wearing bras while breastfeeding.
Finding the best nursing bra:
- Look for a nursing bra that fits well and provides support across the band and shoulder straps
- Make sure the nursing bra has easy access for nursing or pumping
- Consider a hands-free pumping bra if you plan to pump regularly
Bra fitting while breastfeeding:
- Get fitted for a nursing bra as soon as possible after baby is born.
- Your nursing bra should be comfortable and provide support without being too tight.
- Many mothers find that a nursing tank or sleep bra is also helpful for nursing or pumping.
- Breastfeed as often as possible in the first few weeks of baby's life to establish a constant milk supply.
- If you're having trouble breastfeeding, talk to a lactation consultant or your healthcare provider. Most insurance providers cover the cost of 6 appointments. Ask your healthcare provider about your coverage.
- Remember to take care of yourself while breastfeeding. Drink plenty of water (coconut water counts, too) and eat a healthy diet.
We hope these tips are helpful for nursing mamas out there!
Happy World Breastfeeding Week!